British Columbia is leading Canada in economic growth and job creation because of our strong and diverse economy. We are protecting the environment while creating opportunities for good paying, family supporting jobs and investments in the Sea to Sky and around British Columbia.
West Vancouver-Sea to Sky is a microcosm of British Columbia and is an incredibly diverse area that supports a variety of industries. Our strength is that industries like Tourism, Forestry, Transportation, Energy, Residential Development, and Agriculture can work together to ensure that we have a sustainable future, and allow many people to pursue their individual goals.
Job creation has always been the heart of the BC Liberals vision for BC: because we know that a job is the best way to be able to look after the people you love.
Since the launch of the BC Jobs Plan our province:
- leads Canada in job creation with over 191,500 jobs created. We moved up from 9th place.
- has gone from the 4th lowest unemployment rate to the lowest unemployment rate in Canada at 5.8%.
- has seen a 10% increase in exports to $36 billion annually
- had an 18% increase in capital investment to $78 billion annually.
- now leads the country in Economic Growth.
- Our goal is that B.C. will be the most diversified economy in Canada by 2022.
Keeping taxes low by controlling Government spending keeps more money in your pocket. Delivering on 5 consecutive balanced budgets has put BC on track to make record investments in British Columbia’s people and services.